Joomla! is an open source content management system (CMS). Joomla is written in PHP, and uses MySql as backend. But to its users even for non-technical ones, it enables them to add and edit content, update images and manage data with ease. Despite its simplicity and ease of use it lets you build websites and powerful online applications. With HosterPK’s Joomla Hosting you can get pre-installed joomla application, so you are ready to go as soon as you get online.
Joomla’s application framework enables developers to create powerful add-ons and extenstions, that extend the functionality of joomla to even a new levels. There are currently above 3000 joomla extensions available that you can add to your already installed joomla application with ease with our custom made Joomla Web Hosting Packages.
Here are some of the sites that you can create on the go with Joomla:
- Corporate Web sites or portals
- Corporate intranets and extranets
- Online magazines, newspapers, and publications
- E-commerce and online reservations
- Government applications
- Small business Web sites
- Non-profit and organizational Web sites
- Community-based portals
- School and church Web sites
- Personal or family homepages
Joomla has some very cool build-in features like:
- Ease-of-use and Extensibility
- Page caching
- Rss Feeds
- Printable versions of pages
- News flashes
- And many more!
Both of our Linux and Windows servers support one-click joomla installations. So, its your choice whether you want to run joomla on our Windows based servers running IIS or Linux servers running Apache!
Joomla Installation Procedure on HosterPK
Here’s the easy guide to install joomla on your website:
1. Login to your control panel.
2. Click Fantastico DeLuxe, under “Software/Services”
3. Find the link to Joomla installation and click on it.
4. Click on New Installation.
5. Fill out the boxes in the next screen. For Install on domain, choose the domain on which to install. In Install in directory, choose where you want to install Joomla. By default, it will install in your root directory, but you can install in any directory you want or even a sub-domain of your current domain. Choose admin username and password and give your email address and then click Install Joomla.
6. Click on Finish Installation
This should install Joomla on your website. But remember, you can always contact our customer support team anytime if you need assistance in any matter.