- All hard drives will crash during their lifetime
- More than 1 in 10 laptops will be stolen in their lifetime
- A laptop is stolen every 53 seconds
- Every year 46% of computer users lose their music, photos, and documents
- 50% of all hard drives will crash within 5 years
- 89.1% of PC users don’t perform regular backups
- A recent study from Gartner, Inc., found that 90 percent of companies that experience data loss go out of business within two years.
- 70 percent of companies go out of business after a major data loss
These shocking facts prompted me to remind you to backup your data and also to explain our policy on client backups. So here it goes:
- We use the famous R1Soft CDP backups to take backups of each of our servers daily for last 10 days. So normally we are able to restore your site to anytime in the last 10 days in case you lose your data or your site gets hacked etc.
- All our servers are RAID-1 protected to handle any hard disk crashes.
Please note that although daily backups of your accounts are taken, it is NOT something you can rely on and there is no guarantee of backup availability in the unfortunate event when your data is lost.
You MUST backup your data, databases and emails periodically on your local machine or other online cloud based backup service (links given below) to be safe at your end.
With cPanel control panels, you also get the ‘Backup’ option under the ‘Files’ section to create complete manual backups of your data files, databases and emails.
With WebsitePanel, there is no option to create full website backup including the emails, so you will have to backup your files and databases individually. To backup emails, you can use POP based email clients like Mozilla Thunderbird (free), MS Outlook etc.
Some of recommended and free cloud backup solutions can be found here:
If you need any help in setting up backups, please contact us and our staff will guide you on how to setup your backups.
Backup your important data before you wish you did!